Welcome – David Carlton Mediation
If you want to reach us, contact us anytime.
Mr. Carlton is a sixth generation Floridian, born in Arcadia on July 24 1960. He is an AV rated, civil trial lawyer, having represented both plaintiffs and defendants in various civil disputes. He started his career in 1988 as a member of the Tampa Bay law firms Johnson, Pope etal. and Hill Ward & Henderson. Thereafter, he returned in 1991 to his roots in Southwest Florida founding his first of two law firms, Brown, Waldron & Carlton, and later breaking off on his own at the Carlton Law Firm, P.A.
Over his 25 year career, Mr. Carlton handled all types of civil litigation ranging from personal injury and wrongful death (such as auto crashes, premises liability, products liability and medical malpractice) to real property litigation (such as boundary disputes, title insurance claims, ways of necessity and lien foreclosures) to commercial matters (such as collection cases, property owner association and car dealership disputes) to agricultural litigation (such as cattle disputes, crop liens and crop damage) to probate/guardianship litigation (such as undue influence claims, estate disputes and incompetency claims).
- Founded, built, systemized, managed and sold successful regional plaintiff’s personal injury law practice.
- Earned the highest professional and ethical standards rating (“AV”) by peers based on a survey conducted by Martindale Hubbell.
- Managed major crisis effectively following office and home devastation by
- Hurricane Charley in 2004 and thrived in aftermath while practicing out of mobile office trailers.
- Acquired and manage portfolio of commercial real estate investments. Led all negotiations from initial contact through closing and leasing of all properties.
- Strategic executive leadership in various community, civic, business, political, athletic associations and organizations.
- Coached my sons’ Little League teams to four consecutive trips to the Tri-City
- Championship game.
- Leadership Florida member – a statewide community of leaders engaged in understanding and serving Florida.
- Spearheaded a team of professionals in the investigation and prosecution of a significant, well publicized environmental contamination case resulting in a confidential settlement and the advancement of the clean up of a federal Superfund site.
- Assimilated and lead a team including contractors, adjusters, engineers and other experts which worked together to negotiate and resolve numerous hurricane claims of all types, including property damage and business losses.
- Captain of sports teams in both high school and college, providing leadership under head coaches.
- Served on leadership committees of local bar associations.
- Founded first law firm at age 30 and successfully sold second law firm at 52 to pursue other career options.
- Purchased, managed, and leased multiple parcels of land, including cattle ranch, professional offices and manufacturing plants.
- Developed two law practices that flourished in rural markets of the state.
- Past member of Economic Development Council for Desoto County
Project and Business Management
- Created effective systems approach to law practice resulting in the efficient management and adjustment of a variety of insurance claims ranging resulting in clients’ recoveries in excess of $30 million.
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented numerous contracts to acquire and lease real estate.
- In aftermath of major hurricane, lead team of professionals in the operation of a busy law practice, the rebuilding of our offices and the development of a community sports park.
- Evaluation and assessment of hundreds of third party injury and death cases involving critical analysis of issues involving liability, causation and damages.
- Scrutiny of volumes of medical records to evaluate causation issues.
- Evaluation and assessment of hundreds of storm claims for first party insurance benefits such as property damage to homes and commercial buildings, business losses and loss of earnings.
David P. Carlton, Esquire
3275 SW 110th Avenue
Miami, Fl 33165
LAKE SUZY ADDRESS
12687 Southwest County Rd. 769, Suite 4A
Lake Suzy, Florida 34269